As-salamu alaykum brothers and sisters,
After assessing the current situation of the COVID-19 pandemic and with the guidance provided by the government, we are pleased to announce that all congregational prayers, including Friday Jummah prayer, at The Islamic Centre of Plymouth & Cornwall will resume from 17th July 2020.
As we only have one Imam to lead prayer, we will only manage to hold ONE SESSION for a maximum of 100 PEOPLE.
We advise that those who are over the age of 65, women and children should refrain from attending these prayers, and therefor carry out your Salah at home.
Please be aware that we must comply with government guidelines to ensure that we are all safe. If you are attending, we suggest that you do the following:
- Perform wudhu at home. Toilet and wudhu facilities will not be available.
- You must bring your own prayer mat and take it back with you.
- You must bring a bag to put in your shoes and keep them with you. The shoe racks will not be in use and one way system will be in operation.
- You must wear a face mask – entry will not be permitted without a mask.
- Social distancing should be maintained at all times inside and outside the premises.
- There are markings in the prayer hall that you must use and do not pray anywhere else.
- No Quran or tasbih in the centre as per government guidelines. Use Quran app on your smart phone.
- No shaking hands or physical contact.
- Do not attend if you have any COVID19 symptoms or are over 65 or are children under the age of 13.
- The centre will open 15 mins before congregation prayer time and close immediately after prayer.
- Do not congregate outside the premises.
- Always cooperate with the volunteers and the signs.
- Track and trace. You need to register your details on entry.
Click here for a YouTube video explaining how to prepare for prayer at the masjid.
May Allah (swt) continue to protect us during this pandemic, and may we all do our part to safeguard our community.
في أمان الله
The Board of Trustees